Ann Voskamp introduced us to the daily habit of finding the joy all around us in her book, 1000 Gifts. On her website she encourages taking part in the Joy Dare and you can find everything you need to know here!Here is my Joy Dare for thefirst week of October with Ann Voskamp!
780. For the brilliant sunshine after 13 days of rain!
781. That we have the freedom to assemble to worship, prayer to, and learn more about our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus and our Holy Father!! We must never take that for granted!
783. The glory and the great fun of the season,.. in color and richness of variety and great taste.... I love autumn!
784. I so enjoy the laughter of the children who recently moved in next door.... it has been a while since we had children around here.... Now this is quite different form the wailing banshees when school is in session and all the classes are outside across the street... After 30 years of 3rd graders I loved each adn everyone of them, but in unison they can become a melee of cacophony... I am just now losing the auto reflex of saying ' SHHH" as I walk past people talking.. But seeing and hearing our dear neighbors out playing on thew eekend is so dear.... I am so reminded of our darling daughter playing in the autumn leaves this time of year! Sweet memories!
785. It is a glorious thing but also a bit challenging.... all of the special choir practices added to the schedule just for the Christmas Pageant... But what a joy it is to prepare for the new music and to be together with dear choir friends.... it is so scary though how fast the year comes around.....it seems like we just did our yuletide program just such a short time ago!